Business Wire Florida hosted “Hispanic PR Strategies & Marketing Trends,” a media breakfast for Miami-area communicators on August 13. The event featured a panel discussion on communications efforts targeting the US Latino market.
Gina Amaro Rudan of Genuine Insights moderated the panel, which included:
- Manny Garcia, Executive Editor/Director, El Nuevo Herald
- Mark Fauntleroy, Brand Manager, Experian Consumer Research
- Arturo Duran, CEO, ImpreMedia Digital LLC
- Jorge Mercado, Director of Marketing, Terra Networks USA
- Susan Solano, Sr. Vice President, Marketing, Telemundo Network Group LLC
Among the key insights provided by the panel:
- Mr. Fauntleroy notes that the Hispanic population in the US continues to grow (with a 3.2 percent increase in population last year and a projected population of 133 million by the year 2050) and that that population continues to show a steady increase in both education and income level. This group has also shown to index highly in brand loyalty and is very brand conscious overall. Spanish language advertising remains effective with them.
- Mr. Garcia points out that the top draw to his paper’s website, ElNuevoHerald.com, is the photo gallery. He advises PR professionals pitching his paper to think beyond the written word: include multimedia content in pitches to increase your chance of coverage.
- Mr. Duran says that social media is an incredible bridge for the Hispanic audience. ImpreMedia has someone Twittering every half hour. Another major trend is mobile marketing, as mobile accounts for ten percent of ImpreMedia’s online traffic. Mr. Duran notes that Hispanics over-index by more than twice the national average in using the Internet on their mobile devices.
- Ms. Solano notes that, despite all the other channels discussed, television remains critical for reaching the Hispanic market. It still boasts the greatest reach of all media for the demographic, drawing both young and old.
- Mr. Mercado says that, while first generation Hispanic Americans remains the primary target of Terra Networks, they cannot forget about second and third generation users. They have evolved with this group by providing English content on their site, which has grown by 186 percent since its launch last year.
Local Business Wire offices host several events each year on PR, IR, SEO & media topics. Check out the Business Wire Events page to find upcoming events in your area.
Follow Business Wire events on Twitter! Hash tag #bwevents