by Pilar Portela, Media Relations Supervisor, Business Wire/Miami
At LatinoWire’s recent webinar “Meet the Hispanic Market’s Most Influential Bloggers,” bloggers from The Wise Latina Club, HispanaGlobal.com, Mamiverse.com, and Hispanicize 2013 shared their formula of success, how they built their blog, projects they are working on, how to effectively reach the Hispanic community and much more.
Below are some highlights from the webinar:
Viviana Hurtado, Ph.D – The Wise Latina Club
- Know your vision, listen to your community and stick to that.
- There’s a lot of noise and clutter wanting you to be something you’re not, don’t listen.
- Define who you are and stay in your lane.
- Think outside the box, I may not be the expert you’re looking for, doesn’t mean we can’t work together, think partnership.
- Latina women have so many different layers and dimensions.
- Many question if there’s a market for women, yes!
- Having a big blogging space and competition makes everyone better.
- If you ignore your community, there’s nowhere to grow.
- You need to listen, see the reaction of your audience, and comment.
- Provide good, helpful content. If readers don’t like what they see/read they won’t come back to your site.
- Nothing beats interaction, it’s a two-way intersection.
- Online relationships are like regular relationships, you need to listen!
Lorraine C. Ladish– Mamiverse.com
- Empower and address the mother as a whole – Latina, Mother, bilingual, bicultural, etc.
- I love the direct connection with the reader.
- Initiate a conversation, it’s the biggest success you can have.
- Social media cuts down the barriers, no longer talking to an audience without a face, instead it’s more personal, one-on-one interaction with the reader.
- Always respect, even the “little people,” you’ll never know how big/successful they’ll be in the future.
- Be yourself, life is too short.
Manny Ruiz – Hispanicize 2013
- Social media has upped the ante
- Journalists can now make a living off their own work, all you need is some entrepreneurial skills
- Hispanicize is the SXSW for Latinos, we’re building entrepreneur opportunities for bloggers.
- Everyone should learn & understand “content marketing” — it’s here to stay
- There’s a strong (and growing) community of Spanish language bloggers that are jumping into the fray.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- You’ll break your teeth, make mistakes doing it. It’s ok. If not, you weren’t riding the bike in the first place.
- Just do it!
LatinoWire reaches influential Hispanic bloggers, decision-makers and more than 1,200 US-Hispanic newsrooms in both Spanish and English. Click here for more information on LatinoWire and media reach. And don’t forget to visit us at Booth #14 at Hispanicize 2013!